Plaza San Carlos
On the northwesterly area of Amelia Island is the location of “Old Town,” and Estrada Street. It is here, adjacent to the Amelia River, where the Spanish Fort San Carlos once stood, built in 1816. Gregor MacGregor took this fort on June 29, 1817.
Pippy Longstocking House
Impossible to miss when passing through Old Town is the Captain’s House (also known as the” Downes House”). Locals often call it the “Pippi Longstocking” house since the late 1980s when the movie was filmed on location at the home
Burbank Fish And Sports Nets
The Burbank family has been manufacturing shrimp and fish trawls by hand for 89 years. William Hunter Burbank Sr. was a commercial fisherman and net maker since the early 1900s. His son William Hunter Burbank Jr. came into the net making business in the late 1940s after he served on the USS Tennessee during World War II.
The Palace Saloon
The Florida House Inn
The Bailey House